Many ordinary people are susceptible to alcoholism problems it is crucial to get help for an alcoholic that consistently displays symptoms of a drinking problem. Alcoholism is a disease that can damage a person physically and mentally. It is necessary to help them before it’s too late.
Signs and Stages of Alcoholism
Alcoholism occurs in three stages, but the first stage is the most important since it is where you can help an alcoholic person cope before something worse happens. Symptoms are not yet prominent during the early stages of alcoholism, but there are signs that show the person is becoming alcoholic. Here they are:
1. Drinking to be happy and staying away from emotional problems
2. Enjoying drinking even if alone
3. Hardly getting drunk even if they have consumed many bottles of alcohol
4. They do not usually experience any hangovers
5. They do not admit that they are drinking a lot even if they do
6. They think that drinking booze will give them courage sometimes they may even be the life of the party. I was often like this and the next day I had no idea whatsoever what I had done the night before. Many times when I was told of my behavior the next day I was extremely embarrassed and uncomfortable.
Persons caught in the first stage of alcoholism may not show any outward signs that they are addicted to drinking. They act like everything is normal but in fact have a difficult time staying clean and sober.
Alcoholic help can be Found In the Early Stages of Alcoholism
There are many solutions used to help persons cope with the early stages of alcoholic addiction. Any of these methods must be done right away to help an alcoholic showing those signs mentioned above.
1. Natlrexone method
The Natlrexone method involves the use of medication called Natlrexone which combats alcohol dependency. The method is found to be very successful in curing alcoholism problems. Research shows that this method can be effective to up to 78% cases.
2. Alcohol addiction rehab centers can help you stop drinking
Rehabilitation centers offers programs to persons suffering from alcoholism. However, not anyone can afford their rates. While their programs work great, only those who have a big budget can enroll since they are very expensive.
3. Using Self-exercise to overcome and beat alcoholism
There might be a lot of other ways to cope with alcoholism, but one of the best ways is to have self-exercise. This entails a lot of planning and discipline, but it is a lot cheaper than those rehabilitation centers and medications. As long as the person is willing to deal with alcohol dependency, he can lessen his alcohol intake little by little until he can do it in moderation. This requires a lot of perseverance and sacrifice on the side of the alcoholic, but it will surely work as long as it is done religiously.
When I first stopped drinking and using drugs I made a commitment to exercise in my home everyday and go for a long walk I can not begin to tell you how much the long walk helped me overcome any depression I was having at the time.
Aside from those solutions, there are still many other methods out there. However, these methods are the proven effective ways to help an alcoholic.